or how to join DCGP Comp in short steps and how it all works.
Things about game, mods, rulebook and other stuff you find in our FAQ.
Suggest reading it before this text.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Known errors
[Q] What is ROS?
– republicofsimracers.com (ROS)
[Q] What is ACEM?
– Small app made by ROS to download Cars, Tracks and user content (skins/liver). Download it here. Must have at our Comp. All 'how to’ at ROS.
[Q] What is CM?
– Content Manager – alternative Assetto Corsa launcher, must have app – link to official website.
[Q] When is next round?
[Q] I cannot add my skin/livery to ROS site because [enter reason]. What am I doing wrong?
– Make sure that:
- Your skin/livery files are not over weight limits – 20mb unpacked, 10mb packed (most important),
- Your skin files are packed directly into .zip archive (not .rar!) without any subfolders,
- Name of .zip file does not contain any dots “.”,
- Files are named correctly – f.e. body.dds, livery.png, preview.jpg.
[Q] Can I start with my own car?
– No. Only cars from DCGP car pack are allowed at our Comp.
[Q] How can I do my skin? My program doesn’t work.
– You can do it in graphic editor of your choice (Photoshop, GIMP etc.). Remember about .dds plugin! If your app does not work, we cannot help you, because we are not software devs, try to use GIMP instead (it’s free and simple).
[Q] Can I change the windscreen?
– Do not change windscreen! All cars needs to have DCGP windscreen!
[Q] How you teleport to pits?
– https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/in-game-keyboard-shortcuts-extension.16180/ or just bind in Content manager.
[Q] Can I still join in the middle of the season?
– Yes you can join. Registration is open at every round. Don’t forget that signing to season does not automatically sign you to every round:)
[Q] Will I receive any confirmation on my e-mail?
– No, you won’t receive anything on your e-mail.
[Q] Can I change car after I joined?
– Yes, we allow that. BUT, you need to do that to Sunday before Competition. Changing car = all of the points that you’ve gained with it will get lost.
[Q] I did a mistake filling my registration (wrong name, nickname etc.). Do I need to fill it again?
– No! When something is not right, write us PM and we will solve it.
[Q] What time is it right now?
[Q] How can I check what will be exact hour in my place?
– https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html (just change the date and add your city).
[Q] My cat is ill, I will be late, can I still go?
– If you’re late for your group, we are doing „late group” for all guys that were late – more info at „Quali” and our Discord.
[Q] Can I watch other drivers doing Quali runs?
– Only if you’re waiting for your turn. After your runs please disconnect from the server.
[Q] When is going to be [enter letter here] group?
– When judge write it at #event_info. Also we post approximate time of groups – it’s not binding.
[Q] Will there be a livestream?
– Yes, it will. With English commentary. Link to our YouTube channel.
[Q] I’m from [enter letter here], but I will be late, could you guys go with my tandem battle later with next one?
– No, we can’t postpone tandem battles. After last battle in certain group, judges are calling online drivers for bye runs.
[Q] I lost my battle and I’m crying at all social medias I can, why judges did not watch my run 88 times from thousand angles?
– Remember, if you are not happy with judges verdict, you can go with official protest as it is in Rulebook.
2. Mostly known errors:
– Checksum failed – you have old cars/track. Delete old, download new, unpack it, enjoy.
– Race cancelled – try to fix it at Content Manager – Custom Shader Pack (CSP)
– Loading stuck at certain car – you did not install this car properly
– PIT Penalty and then kick from server – Take your fastline.ai from ai folder (at the track folder)
We only allow cars and tracks from DCGP packs during competition.
If you change something in mod’s files = checksum (you will be kicked out from the server).
You can only change car setup in-game (while standing at pits).
While installing new updates ALWAYS DELETE OLD ONES BEFORE! Or use ACEM instead – it’s simple and super effective.
Unpacked tracks install here:
Unpacked cars install here:
You can make your private skin/livery and compete with it during Quali and Tandems.
All info about using of DCGP mods are here: Click!
We carry registration using ROS.
How to register:
1. Login to ROS website through your Steam profile (‘Sign in’ at the top right of ROS site) – this has to be the same Steam account where you have your Assetto Corsa!
2. Join to DCGP Season.
3. When joining you need to write your REAL name and surname using English alphabet without any tags or additional signs. No nicknames please. If you put wrong name, please write us DM and we will fix it manually.
4. Sign up for Round. Pay entry fee.
5. Now you’re ready to join Qualification.
As whole DCGP team live in Poland, we are using Polish time.
At ROS site you can change your time zone.
Day: Tuesday/ Monday+Tuesday if it is more than 80 drivers registered.
Time: 7.00 pm Monday 7.00 pm Tuesday Polish time.
As we will be using personal skins during Quali, there will be no option to join it with different group of your choice.
That means drivers can join Quali only with their groups*.
Every driver has 2 runs.
One run after another. NO BACK TO PITS AFTER EACH RUN!
Quali is carried in 10 players group (A, B, C, D …)
Only them can be connected during event time. (+judges/staff/broadcasters).
NEVER connect when drivers are at the track doing their runs. Lag spikes can destroy wonderful run. Connecting is possible ONLY when judge wrote at #event_info (discord) about group change.
You can be late, but not later that last guy at the list.
*After last group each day (Monday and Tuesday) we will do a definitive group for guys that were late for their groups.
We divided our top48 bracket into groups (A, B, C …) – Only one group can be connected at the time. Judges write at #event_info (Discord) which group is live. Join server shortly after this info. Never join when someone is driving at the track.
We restart server after each group from top48 to top16. There are no server restarts from top8 to finals.
If someone is missing after whole group. Win and bye run for opponent.
Bye run: to get the win, driver who is online need to run the track (judges are not scoring it:)